By 430pm it was impossible for me to even sit.Time to see the Doc urgently said my inner self.Grabbed the nearest auto and rushed to the doctor,who was attached to another hospital.The guy had one look at my moron face and mentally decided on certain surgical procedures instantly .He went thru a routine examination and finally conveyed that I need an endoscopy done and elaborated on the process.Finally he asked me for the scan reports done in the morning.Unfortunately that leading hospital had procedures and they would hand it over to me only the next day.
A small catheter from nowhere appeared but gave me instant relief.I was asked to come the next day,of course with the reports,and then only the date of surgery would be fixed.
I was running out of time for my trip ,had just 72 hours to go.My hopes started fading.
Next morning,ie Wedneday 25 th june,I sent my colleague to the leading hospital to collect the reports and they sort of disbelieved her,saying I was perfectly ok and needed only tablets.Hopes again soared for me.Can I make the trip on Friday 27th june.The doctor herself came on line and said that I should refuse surgery and come over to their (leading ) hospital and they will redo the tests and confirm.I felt like a Ping Pong ball on the Table Tennis Table.
Somewhere my inner self told me to go ahead with the surgery and postpone my trip by a maximum of three days,beyond which the trip will have no use.So finally requested my colleague to pick up the reports and come over to the second hospital.Again one look at the reports,the doctor reconfirmed that I had no alternative but to undergo the surgery.He wanted to do it on Friday evening,but I insisted he do it on Thursday morning itself.I confided in him about the pressure on my trip,but he said it would be a miracle if I could make it in the next week ie in the week of 30th june.I was determined.I said I will ,provided he did his job well I thought to myself.I forced myself and got admitted in the general ward & later shifted to seperate room.It was like getting into the train RAC and then getting the berth.
Thursday morning,the surgeon kept his word .6 AM I was wheeled in,local anaesthesia administered,part of my internals carved out permanently and sent out for biopsy.I was out by 7AM,with excruciating pain.By friday the pain had vanished and one by one the dozens of IV fluid bottles dangling around me ,as if I was one giant squid,were removed.I was on road to recovery,but was it fast enough.Everytime I wanted to ask the Surgeon about rebooking my ticket,he deftly avoided the answer.Third time my inner self guided me to a decision,I rebooked my ticket for Wednesday night ie 2 july .Can I make it,Yes I felt.
On sunday morning the Doc said I was ok but regarding my trip he would decide only on Tuesday evening.I was discharged and my kids fussed over me so much,for a second I felt extremely proud father.Only last week the Fathers day passed without these guys bothering about it.
Monday evening the Biopsy report came and it was Benign.what a relief and positive news.
Today,ie Tuesday 1st July, Doctor cleared my visit with a smile bursting out on both our faces.It was rejoicing time.So after all I am going to make it.Felt very happy.
The first thing that came to my mind was that I complete this blog ,for tomorrow I would be too damn busy.LOL
So from a dutiful Son taking his mother to a regular check up ,I landed up as a patient, in this comedy of errors,and now with everything under control I am on the way to the Land of rising Sun !!
Ok friends on this happpy note that I am off for this truncated trip and will be back on 10th july ,with more good news ,I suppose.
And,incidentally as I celebrate my five and a half decades of existance in this God created world,on 9 th of july ,I will be transitting as I would be on my way back.What a way to celebrate!!
till then take care